Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park - Summer Solstice CelebrationDate: June 21, 2018
Time: 06:00 PM - 09:00 PM
Location: Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park, 33303 Headquarters Rd., Ontonagon, MI 49953-9087
Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park 906-885-5275
Join the Friends of the Porkies for the Summer Solstice Celebration! This free event welcoming summer is an evening full of family friendly activities!
Event Schedule (may be subject to change):
- 6 p.m. - Welcome and Snacks
- 6:10 p.m. - Kivajat Dancers
- 7 p.m. - Music by the Mud Creek Warblers inside (to be confirmed) and KUBB games outside
- 7:50 p.m. - Science of Solstice
- 8 p.m. - Move outside for Bonfire ceremony: Finnish tradition; making a fresh start
- 8:20 p.m. - Solstice Poems/Readings
- 8:40.p.m. - S’mores
- 9 p.m. - end of event
For more information about the event, Friends of the Porkies or the Folk School, visit http://www.porkies.org, call 906-884-7663 or email email@example.com.
A Recreation Passport is required for vehicle entry into Michigan state parks. To make a camping reservation, visit www.midnrreservations.com or call 1-800-447-2757.
Please Note: Dates occasionally change and events may be canceled due to inclement weather and other reasons. Please call the park to confirm dates/times prior to your arrival.
Subscribe to Inside Michigan's Great Outdoors newsletter