- Brownfield Flip: Detroit International Riverfront
Unprecedented state, local, and citizen collaboration turned the Detroit riverfront from a blighted industrial corridor to a vibrant public space. Ten years after the MDEQ demolished cement silos on the river and awarded a transformative $7.2 million in grants for environmental cleanup and riverfront infrastructure, the Detroit riverfront is now the jewel of Detroit’s renaissance and a symbol of residents’ pride and involvement in their city. Check out this video to learn more about this brownfield redevelopment. #mibrownfields
- Michigan Environmental Compliance Conference
Join us for the DEQ’s premier compliance assistance event, the Michigan Environmental Compliance Conference. This conference has been designed to help businesses, municipalities, and environmental professionals comply with their environmental requirements.
- New Lung Cancer Prevention Resources For Healthcare Providers and Residents
What is colorless, odorless, can be deadly, and may be in your home now? The answer is radon gas! Radon is a naturally occurring gas that can seep into your home. Reduce your risk of breathing this radioactive gas by testing your home for radon today and encouraging your patients do the same. Learn more at www.michigan.gov/deqradon.
- Michigan DEQ News
Check out our new newsletter - the Michigan DEQ News - published quarterly to increase awareness about high priority issues, highlight important projects, and provide information about upcoming events. To subscribe, please visit our email subscription service, enter your email address, and click on "Michigan DEQ News" under the Agency-wide Information section.
- MDEQ Minute - Recycling
Hold up a minute! Should you throw that in the recycling bin? Watch this video to find out! Recycling resources for businesses, communities, homes, and schools can be found at: www.michigan.gov/mirecycles.
- The DEQ is exploring new ways to increase Michigan's recycling rate.
- MIair: Air Quality Network
The Air Quality Division operates a comprehensive air monitoring network to determine the quality of Michigan's ambient air.
- Michigan embarks on statewide study of PFAS in water supplies
- DEQ recognizes recycling advocates for their efforts to increase reuse
- MDEQ Brownfield Grant And Loan Awarded to Redevelop The Vicksburg Paper Mill
- Ludington awarded brownfield assessment grant
- City of Kalamazoo Awarded Brownfield Loan for Performance Paper Redevelopment Project
- DEQ updates waste management professionals on PFAS response MORE NEWS