- MDEQ Minute - Septic System
Got a minute? Learn about how a home septic system works and why proper maintenance is important to protecting public health, our Great Lakes, and the environment. Got a few minutes? Check out www.michigan.gov/deqonsitewastewater to learn more about septic systems.
- Medication Disposal Event @ the Michigan State Capitol, Lansing
Clean out your medicine cabinets and bring your unwanted medications to the Capitol in Lansing on Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Collected drugs will be destroyed through incineration. Visit the Michigan Pharmacists Association Web page for details about what is and is not accepted, and the 11:00 a.m. press event.
- DEQ Household Drug Take Back Map
Have unwanted medications? Medicines left in medicine cabinets are susceptible to misuse, abuse, and accidental poisoning. Medications, when improperly disposed, can become an environmental problem. Find a household drug takeback location near you and dispose of your unwanted medications responsibly using the new Household Drug Take Back Map!
- Brownfield Flip: Detroit International Riverfront
Unprecedented state, local, and citizen collaboration turned the Detroit riverfront from a blighted industrial corridor to a vibrant public space. Ten years after the MDEQ demolished cement silos on the river and awarded a transformative $7.2 million in grants for environmental cleanup and riverfront infrastructure, the Detroit riverfront is now the jewel of Detroit’s renaissance and a symbol of residents’ pride and involvement in their city. Check out this video to learn more about this brownfield redevelopment. #mibrownfields
- New Lung Cancer Prevention Resources For Healthcare Providers and Residents
What is colorless, odorless, can be deadly, and may be in your home now? The answer is radon gas! Radon is a naturally occurring gas that can seep into your home. Reduce your risk of breathing this radioactive gas by testing your home for radon today and encouraging your patients do the same. Learn more at www.michigan.gov/deqradon.
- Michigan DEQ Summer 2018 News Now Available!
Check out our newsletter - the Michigan DEQ News - published quarterly to increase awareness about high priority issues, highlight important projects, and provide information about upcoming events. To subscribe, please visit our email subscription service, enter your email address, and click on "Michigan DEQ News" under the Agency-wide Information section.
- The DEQ is exploring new ways to increase Michigan's recycling rate.
- MIair: Air Quality Network
The Air Quality Division operates a comprehensive air monitoring network to determine the quality of Michigan's ambient air.
- City of Grand Haven Brownfield Redevelopment Authority awarded MDEQ Grant
- Michigan first in the nation to deploy drones in search for PFAS contamination
- Help Michigan Celebrate SepticSmart Week
- DEQ updates water officials on nation's most comprehensive statewide study of PFAS in water supplies
- Ionia County Brownfield Redevelopment Authority awarded MDEQ grant
- MDEQ Awards Grants to 42 Community Water Systems MORE NEWS