- MDEQ Minute - Septic System
Got a minute? Learn about how a home septic system works and why proper maintenance is important to protecting public health, our Great Lakes, and the environment. Got a few minutes? Check out www.michigan.gov/deqonsitewastewater to learn more about septic systems.
- DEQ Household Drug Take Back Map
Have unwanted medications? Medicines left in medicine cabinets are susceptible to misuse, abuse, and accidental poisoning. Medications, when improperly disposed, can become an environmental problem. Find a household drug takeback location near you and dispose of your unwanted medications responsibly using the new Household Drug Take Back Map!
- Brownfield Flip: Detroit International Riverfront
Unprecedented state, local, and citizen collaboration turned the Detroit riverfront from a blighted industrial corridor to a vibrant public space. Ten years after the MDEQ demolished cement silos on the river and awarded a transformative $7.2 million in grants for environmental cleanup and riverfront infrastructure, the Detroit riverfront is now the jewel of Detroit’s renaissance and a symbol of residents’ pride and involvement in their city. Check out this video to learn more about this brownfield redevelopment. #mibrownfields
- New Lung Cancer Prevention Resources For Healthcare Providers and Residents
What is colorless, odorless, can be deadly, and may be in your home now? The answer is radon gas! Radon is a naturally occurring gas that can seep into your home. Reduce your risk of breathing this radioactive gas by testing your home for radon today and encouraging your patients do the same. Learn more at www.michigan.gov/deqradon.
- Michigan DEQ Autumn 2018 News Now Available!
Check out our newsletter - the Michigan DEQ News - published quarterly to increase awareness about high priority issues, highlight important projects, and provide information about upcoming events. To subscribe, please visit our email subscription service, enter your email address, and click on "Michigan DEQ News" under the Agency-wide Information section.
- The DEQ is exploring new ways to increase Michigan's recycling rate.
- MIair: Air Quality Network
The Air Quality Division operates a comprehensive air monitoring network to determine the quality of Michigan's ambient air.
- Warren and Detroit receive DEQ Recycling Infrastructure Grants to fund curbside carts
- Portage Creek Alcott Dam removed
- Michigan reaches one-year milestone in leading national efforts to address emerging PFAS contamination
- DEQ drone deployed over Van Etten Lake as part of Wurtsmith PFAS response
- Michigan to Invest $64.8 Million in Sustainable Air Quality Improvements from Volkswagen Diesel Settlement
- DEQ issues second violation notice to Air Force for lagging PFAS clean-up at Wurtsmith MORE NEWS