- Gov. Whitmer Signs Executive Order Announcing Dept. of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy
Creates Offices of Climate and Energy, Clean Water Public Advocate, Environmental Justice Public Advocate
- New Video - What is Vapor Intrusion?
Learn what vapor intrusion is, what causes it, why it is a concern, and what can typically be done to address a vapor intrusion problem at www.michigan.gov/vaporintrusion.
- New Director appointed to DEQ January 1, 2019
Liesl Eichler Clark is the Director of the MDEQ. Director Clark was appointed by Governor Whitmer on January 1, 2019.
- MDEQ Minute - Septic System
Got a minute? Learn about how a home septic system works and why proper maintenance is important to protecting public health, our Great Lakes, and the environment. Got a few minutes? Check out www.michigan.gov/deqonsitewastewater to learn more about septic systems.
- DEQ Household Drug Take Back Map
Have unwanted medications? Medicines left in medicine cabinets are susceptible to misuse, abuse, and accidental poisoning. Medications, when improperly disposed, can become an environmental problem. Find a household drug takeback location near you and dispose of your unwanted medications responsibly using the new Household Drug Take Back Map!
- Michigan DEQ Winter 2019 News Now Available!
Check out our newsletter - the Michigan DEQ News - published quarterly to increase awareness about high priority issues, highlight important projects, and provide information about upcoming events. To subscribe, please visit our email subscription service, enter your email address, and click on "Michigan DEQ News" under the Agency-wide Information section.
- The DEQ is exploring new ways to increase Michigan's recycling rate.
- MIair: Air Quality Network
The Air Quality Division operates a comprehensive air monitoring network to determine the quality of Michigan's ambient air.
- Lansing Brownfield Redevelopment Authority awarded MDEQ Grant and Loan
- State PFAS effort leads to improving water quality in Kalamazoo River
- MDEQ Announces Grants for Inland Beach Water Quality Monitoring
- MDEQ to oversee sampling of Allen Creek storm drain as part of Gelman investigation
- City of Kalamazoo BRA awarded MDEQ Grant for mixed-use redevelopment
- DEQ releases annual Solid Waste Report MORE NEWS