The Center for Educational Performance and Information's mission is to reduce data collection burdens, transform education data into usable information, and increase efficiency statewide through critical thinking and collaboration with our partners on shared methods and solutions.
- Reduce data collection burdens: CEPI facilitates efficient data gathering to reduce the administrative overhead for reporting entities while ensuring student privacy.
- Transform education data into usable information: CEPI's longitudinal data system, MI School Data, connects data in powerful ways to help parents, educators and policymakers make decisions that can improve student outcomes.
- Increase efficiency statewide: CEPI helps schools comply with federal and state reporting requirements while working to eliminate collection and reporting redundancy.
- Critical thinking and collaboration
- Teamwork and inclusion
- Clear, supportive communication
To be a leader in the education community, setting data standards and data exchange approaches that transform Michigan's education information management practices across the entire statewide education ecosystem.
- Objective Data. CEPI understands the value and necessity of providing quality, timely education data in ways that can inform the policies, programs and instructional practices that lead to improved student outcomes.
- Protect Privacy. CEPI is committed to protecting confidential education records. Our rigorous privacy policies and procedures meet or exceed data sharing guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. Our data security protocols follow strict state of Michigan standards and best practice technology protocols.
- Seek Accuracy. Collecting and distributing quality data is important. CEPI works with school administrators and data information personnel to minimize errors and maximize accuracy.
- Maximize Efficiency. CEPI is committed to collecting data as efficiently as possible, eliminating redundancies, and reducing data reporting burdens for Michigan educational institutions.